Applies to: R4 Version
The Lookup is an "Advanced Search" option in SalesNexus and allows you to filter your contacts into a usable group for running Campaigns and Bulk operations.
- Go to Contacts > Create Lookup
- When on the lookup screen you will see the following screen:
- Using the "Include" Contact, Sales, or Activity you can choose how the information will be searched. At a minimum Contact must be chosen, and should be selected for any search you attempt.
- If you choose to "Include" Sales and/or Activity for your Lookup, you must expand the section and enter your criteria.
- To add criteria to your search start by selecting the first field that should be filtered in the Contact section. Using the first dropdown list in each row select the field you are interested in filtering.
- The next dropdown box in each row is used for the comparator type for your value. Example would be: Company "Starts with" abso
- If you would like to "exclude" the criteria from your Lookup results, use the "Not" check box.
An example query that would use the "Not" option is:
"I want to see all companies that are NOT Absolute Brands"
- The Lookup can also include only specific items matching ALL specified criteria. By default the Lookup uses AND logic. This means that you will get results for the following example:
"I want to see all contacts who work for Absolute Brands AND live in Texas"
- Lookups can also use OR logic by selecting the "OR" check box, which will provide results for the following example:
"I want to see all contacts that work for Absolute Brands, I also want to see contacts who work for Enterprising Enterprises"
- Once you have your Criteria entered, click the "Search" button.
- Once the search is complete you will se the results below the Lookup Criteria options, with the additional Option to "Make this My Lookup". Doing so will allow you to use this set of Contacts in an Email Campaign, or allow Bulk operations such as field changes or exporting.
- It is also possible to Save a Lookup for use later, and for Quick Access from the "View All Contacts" page.
- To view previously saved Lookups select one from the dropdown list next to the Save/Delete buttons.
- After Clicking Save, enter the Name for your Saved Lookup.
- You also have a choice to make this Lookup your Default. This means that your Lookup will be the list of Contacts you see when visiting the View All Contacts page. See also: How to Search using View All Contacts
- Click Save when done.
You can also read through this Knowledge Article on Utilizing Group ORs Together Option in Creating Lookups